There are 16 species from Aquilaria genus which provides high commercial value of Agarwood/Gaharu according to the data from the World Gaharu Convention in Vietnam (2004).
- Aquilaria Subintegra -Found at Thailand
- Aquilaria Crassna -Found at Thailand, Cambodia
- Aquilaria Malacensis -Found at Thailand,Malaysia,India
- Aquilaria Apiculata -Found at Philippines
- Aquilaria Baillonil -Found at Thailand, Cambodia
- Aquilaria Baneonsis -Found at Vietnam
- Aquilaria Beccarian -Found at Indonesia
- Aquilaria Brachyantha -Found at Malaysia
- Aquilaria Cumingiana -Found at Indonesia, Malaysia
- Aquilaria Filaria -Found at P.New Guinea, China
- Aquilaria Grandiflora -Found at China
- Aquilaria Hilata -Found at Indonesia, Malaysia
- Aquilaria Khasiana -Found at India
- Aquilaria Microcapa -Found at Indonesia, Malaysia
- Aquilaria Rostrata -Found at Malaysia
- Aquilaria Sinensis -Found at China
Agarwood/Gaharu trees can be farmed by the following practices.
- Smallscale = Domestication in small plots of land / home gardens / individual home gardens managed by participants / farmers.
- Commercialscale = Government agencies, Private companies / State Forest Enterprises / Collaboration with TE-Resources.